Learning and Teaching
"Nurturing Passionate Empowered Learners."
The challenge of schooling in the global knowledge economy of 21st century is to equip students with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to prosper in our modern and ever-changing world. At St Michael's Primary School, we endeavour to instil in children the skills and confidence to use their talents gifted to them by God and to use these skills to make a difference in their world.
At St Michael's we aim to equip our students with 21st century skills through focusing on four areas of student learning,
At St Michael's we are a collaborative, challenging, open and engaging learning community. We know that high quality Teaching and Learning comes from the following:
- High expectations
- consistent improvement of school based and standardized assessment results.
- data is used purposefully to drive teaching and learning
- clarity around expectations and learning goals
- Environment is engaging and purposeful
- Students are active participants in becoming responsible learners
- Through engaging and purposeful learning environments, student motivation is strong
- Students at St Michael's see themselves as successful learners.
- Staff are active learners within a high performance development culture
- Strong collaboration between staff to ensure quality teaching
- Staff are committed to personal learning goals and professional learning plans.
- Staff are open to constructive feedback.
- Strong pedagogy around teaching and learning
- St Michael's displays and implements a vibrant contemporary curriculum.
- Contemporary learning tools are used in all classrooms.
- A strong professional learning community is developed.